Alexander Dögl recently acquired the so-called fidget spinner - a toy that has become very popular recently.
But he thought it spinned too slowly, and decided alongside some colleagues, to give it a little extra spin.
They shouldn't have done that.
"I looked down and there was blood everywhere," Alexander told Expressen.
The toy is supposed to be designed to help children with concentration difficulties, but has also become a popular toy for a wide variety of people.
25-year-old Alexander decided to jump on the trend.
At first he found it boring.
But later, competing alongside two colleagues, he decided to see just how fast he could make the popular toy spin.
"I held it in my hand and sprayed air on it. It started to go faster until fumes started to come out of it. Then it exploded," he told local media.
Blood came gushing out and his colleagues had to drive him to the emergency room, where he required six stitches.
"I was sent for X-rays, and they saw that I had a fracture in my thumb and the tendon had also been damaged."
Please share Alexander's story to warn others about this!